Extended Bans (extbans) are an extension of ban-matching modes (currently +beIw).
These bans extend the normal ban matching, usually by allowing other fields to be matched.
|j:[state][#channel]||m_channelban||Matches users in a matching channel. If status is specified as in +#channel, just matches users with at least that access.|
|O:[opertype]||m_operinvex||Matches the opertype matching in the configuration files.|
|r:[gecos]||m_gecosban||Matches against gecos (real name field).|
|R:[account]||m_services_account||Matches accounts or registered nicks matching [account].|
|s:[server]||m_serverban||Matches against server name.|
|z:[fingerprint]||m_sslmodes||Matches against SSL client certificate fingerprint.|
In InspIRCd, modes that restrict the channel in some way usually have an associated extban so that they can be applied only to specific users. These change the effect of the ban from preventing join to something else. They only work with the +b and +e modes.
|A:[ban]||m_allowinvite||Denies matching users from using /INVITE|
|B:[ban]||m_blockcaps||Disallows matching users from using ALL CAPS.|
|c:[ban]||m_blockcolor||Blocks messages from matching users if they contain control codes.|
|C:[ban]||m_noctcp||Blocks CTCPs from matching users.|
|m:[ban]||m_muteban||Blocks messages to the channel from matching users.|
|N:[ban]||m_nonicks||Disallows matching users from changing their nickname while in the channel.|
|p:[ban]||m_nopartmsg||Hides part messages from matching users.|
|Q:[ban]||m_nokicks||Disallows /KICK from matching users.|
|S:[ban]||m_stripcolor||Strips control codes from messages matching users.|
|T:[ban]||m_nonotice||Disallows NOTICEs from matching users to the channel.|
Brackets in the examples above denote a variable; do not add them around the extban.
- +b foo*!*@* prevents anyone whose nick starts with "foo" from joining
- +b m:Guest*!*@* allows people whose nick starts with "Guest" to join, but doesn't allow them to speak (without voice)
- +I R:daniel allows people signed in to the account "daniel" to join when the channel is +i without an invite
- +b c:r:*mirc* prevents people with "mirc" in their realname from using colors
- +b N:j:+#wolf prevents people with voice or higher in #wolf from changing nicks